Hey there! We’re looking for an amazing freelance PHP/WordPress developer. The short version is that we build a lot of beautifully designed marketing websites on WordPress from ground up, mostly because it’s just an incredibly flexible platform. We need your help to build and deliver these marketing sites to our clients in spectacular fashion.
As a passionate developer, you understand the importance of your craft. Design isn’t just how it looks, its how it feels and how it works. That’s where you come in. You’ll be working remotely, primarily with our design team and director to bring some amazing concepts to life.
We want our clients to be able to edit their websites without us once we’ve finished the project. So, we typically use Advanced Custom Fields Pro to create editable fields throughout the site that our clients can update any time without hassle. Having a sound knowledge of how this plugin works would be fantastic.
We understand you freelance because you like to work on your own terms. We respect that and we’re happy to gel with how you currently work. We care about results, not seeing you work 9 to 5. You can join our Slack team where you’re encouraged to check in with us whenever you’ve got something cool to show, questions for us to answer or just for a nice chat. For longer-term projects, we have standups every Monday morning (or whenever suits you best).
Now, a bit about you:
- You’re an excellent communicator who can articulate development decisions and… make words good sentence.
- You really give a shit about the small details and understand that they can make the biggest impact to a website or product.
- You have the ability to think high-level about product strategy and vision
- You have experience in building and shipping applications
- You have a sick portfolio of examples of themes you’ve built and sites you’ve worked on
- You have knowledge of data storage retrieval and serialisation concepts, operating systems concepts, compiler basics, databases APIs and oAuth
- You have strong front-end development skills and care deeply about code quality
If this sounds like you, get in touch!